This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: multi-user environment: mounting a lot of shares via ssh
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: Andreas Petralia <Andreas dot Petralia at adnovum dot ch>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: "andreas at adnovum dot ch" <Andreas dot Petralia at adnovum dot ch>
- Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:39:34 -0400
- Subject: Re: multi-user environment: mounting a lot of shares via ssh
- References: <41502E44.8CAE54F0@adnovum.ch>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 09:36 AM 9/21/2004, you wrote:
>while 'shares' can be mounted in a ssh session via 'net use' by a single
>user, it seems that in a multi-user environment, the users have to make
>sure, that they do not re-use already mapped drive letters.
>consider the following example:
>1. ssh <host>
>2. net use h: \\\\computer\\A_home
>3. ln -s /cygdrive/h /HOMES/A
> --> ok
>1. ssh <host>
>2. net use h: \\\\computer\\B_home
> --> System error 85 has occurred.
> The local device name is already in use.
>how can more than 26 users (user A, user B, ... user Z) mount their
>is there a way to solve this problem?
Is that pubkey or password authentication?
Why not use the UNC path directly instead?
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html