This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
cron and copying files across drives: how?
- From: Andrea M <andrea dot m at bufera dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:31:33 -0500
- Subject: cron and copying files across drives: how?
I am having a problem running a simple bash script with cron. The script
executes and behaves as expected when run from the command line, but
when run by cron, it fails to execute some commands.
I narrowed the problem down and found out that cron fails to copy files
between drives; for example, the following does not work
* * * * * cp /cygdrive/c/Andrea/try.png /cygdrive/z/try.png
I should mention that the z drive is a network drive. And yes, a simple
script containing that command does execute correctly from the prompt.
Thanks in advance
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html