This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ed for cygwin
- From: Mike <mikee at mikee dot ath dot cx>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 07:56:10 -0500
- Subject: Re: ed for cygwin
- Organization: The Math Forum
- References: <loom.20040916T144125firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 16 Sep 2004, John Proffitt wrote:
> I have just loaded cygwin on my computer and it looks great. I have started
> to experiment with my unix script files to see what modifications will be
> needed. Many of my script files use the ed editor to manipulate files and
> cygwin does not include the ed editor.
> Is there a line editor that I can use under cygwin?
> What text editors are supplied with cygwin?
> Also, I have many perl scripts, how do I load the perl package?
> Thank you very much for your help.
> John Proffitt
vi does everything!
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html