This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Error in first execution
- From: Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: "mirko tebaldi" <mirko dot tebaldi at libero dot it>, <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 11:41:10 -0400
- Subject: Re: Error in first execution
- References: <004701c48ffb$91cf4620$2d0f5197@realtebo>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 04:13 AM 9/1/2004, you wrote:
>Hi to everyone !
>i'm a new-new-user with a new problem ! the pdf manual and the guides on
>Google don't help me
>I downloaded and installed the 'deafult' packages, with no modying notinhg
>of what proposed from cygwin setup program.
>when i installed. i double-clicked on its icon on desktop and i receive an
>advise from sed.exe about cygintl-3.dll not found. the terminal windows
>start but... what's the error?
>i'm using win 2003 server, and i installed from administrator login so i
>have ALL the permissions (the machine is mine). i installed for 'all users',
>because i'm the only user of the machine
Here's the recipe for solving these kinds of problems.
1. Goto <http://cygwin.com/packages/>
2. Type in the name of the missing file. Press 'Enter'. This will tell you
the name of the package with that file.
3. Run setup.
4. Find the package in the chooser and install it.
5. Bask in the glory of a job well-done! :-)
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html