This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: New snapshot with fork race potentially solved (attn hyperthreaded dog owners)
- From: David Chatterton <chatz at melbourne dot sgi dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 10:22:01 +1000
- Subject: Re: New snapshot with fork race potentially solved (attn hyperthreaded dog owners)
- Organization: SGI
- Reply-to: chatz at melbourne dot sgi dot com
> I made a change to cygwin based on some research by Pierre Humblet
> (what else is new?) which should solve a fork race which would cause
> strange behavior on multi-CPU or hyperthreaded systems.
> It's probably too much to hope that this would solve all of the
> reported problems but I would appreciate if people would give the
> latest snapshot a try:
Sorry to report that this does not fix the problem.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html