Re: cygserver shmat

Le jeu 12/08/2004 Ã 14:03, bertrand marquis a Ãcrit :
> Le jeu 12/08/2004 Ã 12:44, Corinna Vinschen a Ãcrit :
> > On Aug 12 12:13, bertrand marquis wrote:
> > > In fact i wasn't using the SHM_RNd flag.
> > >
> > > In details here is what i do:
> > >
> > > - get a shared segment of with size= SIZE (SIZE multiple of SHMLBA)
> > > - attach the segment without specifying address and storing the result
> > > in beginaddress
> > > - attach the segment again specifying the address: endposition=
> > > beginaddress + SIZE
> > >
> > > without SHM_RND in the second shmat i've got the error : invalid
> > > argument
> > >
> > > now that i specifie SHM_RND in the flag i have the error: value to large
> > > for defined type ....
> > >
> > > any idea ?
> >
> > Nope.  Not without knowing the actual values.  An strace output of
> > the affected calls would be good.  Even better, create a simple testcase
> > which allows to reproduce the behaviour.  Just the minimum of necessary
> > code.
> >

> > Corinna
>

> Ok,
>
> i have made a minimum program showing the problem.
> You can try specifying or not SHM_RND in the second shmat, without i
> have INvalid argument error and with i have value too large for defined
> data type.
>

> thanks
> bertrand

Hello

Running some tests it seems that specifying an adress is not the problem
because if i give an adress in the first shmat it is running well as
long as this adress is free.
In fact the problem is only when specifying an adress for mapping the
same segment twice and only if we specifie the adress the second time.

i hope it could help or give an idea to someone.

bertrand