Re: INT32: jmorecfg.h

Christopher Faylor wrote:

On Tue, Jul 27, 2004 at 10:01:08AM +0100, Dave Korn wrote:

I remember hitting this problem with a cygwin build of libjpeg once.
The correct answer is probably that jmorecfg.h shouldn't arbitrarily
define INT32 globally without first performing an autoconf test to see
if there's something in the system includes that already provides it,
isn't it?

Yes.  Just adding more and more ifdef guards around the INT32 definition
is not the way to go.

Unfortunately, the ijg group does not distribute the autoconf source for libjpeg's configure script. It's on my todo list to really truly autoconfiscate libjpeg (and libtiff) -- which will make things like this easier. But it's not a very high priority.

Nor am I all that worked up about this INT32 issue. jmorecfg.h is present in all builds of libjpeg; I don't understand why INT32 is causing a problem *only* on cygwin. It seems that you should be seeing the problem on all platforms, or none. Since your package is showing this behavior only on cygwin, I suspect something wacky in (a) your cygwin environment, or (b) the procedure/configury you're using to build on cygwin (e.g. mixing native and cygwin headers).

Given that, I'm not going to rush out and fix this right away, because I only have bad choices: (1) add yet another #ifdef hack, or (2) spend a week teasing out and reverse-engineering the autoconfigury source files...

--
Chuck