RE: I apologize for mailing you directly problem with rebaseall ?

Well; it seems that I have nothing to run windows update against. I did try
installing  the latest service pack for Visual Studio.
Anyway, that did not work.

I have noticed though that if I run startwin.sh  I can not start up the X
server.
But if I run the bat version startwin.bat; it will run.

>From what I can see; the big difference is the bat file uses Run and the
shell scripts do not.

I don't know if this helps explain what is going on .

Thanks for responding

[Jim]