Re: 1.5.9.1: MPEG2 SSG mpeg2v12 reports "zero file size"

At 06:02 AM 6/7/2004, you wrote:
>The mpeg2 codec (mpeg2v12 from MPEG2 SSG http://www.mpeg.org/MPEG/MSSG/#source used to work fine on cygwin 1.5.5 .
>But when I upgrade to cygwin1.dll 1.5.9.1, the program always report something like "zero file size".
>
>After spending a lot of time tracing the source, I found that it goes wrong when it rewind the video bitstream the 3rd time in
>main(). If I fix the rewind problem, things go wrong in other part of the program.
>
>Since it works well in 1.5.5, I wonder there's something wrong with cygwin kernel. Could anybody tell me why or how to fix the
>problem on newer kernels?

You mean beyond the obvious course of action (i.e. debugging)?  Well, I'd
recommend checking 1.5.10 since it's the current release.  If that doesn't
resolve the issue, I suppose you could try a snapshot to see if the problem
has been caught and resolved after the release (though you may see other
problems since snapshots at this point are the result of active and ongoing
development, with very little testing).  Otherwise, your best bet is to
build the Cygwin DLL and debug into it as needed.

Holliston, MA 01746