Re: Shutdown doesn't seem to work when invoked from ssh session

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On May 10 07:33, Egerton, James wrote:
> > I've tried using the Cygwin shutdown-1.4 from an ssh session and it
> > doesn't seem to do anything.   The call to ExitWindowsEx doesn't
appear
> > to fail, but nothing happens after the "WARNING!!!..." message is
> > displayed.   I have verified that the system can be rebooted from ssh
if
> > InitiateSystemShutdown is called instead of ExitWindowsEx and this
> > appears to be consistent with the ExitWindowsEx description:
>
> Thanks for the report.
> I'll upload a new shutdown tool within the next few days, probably.

I tried out the following sequence:

reboot -f "now"

I had no reaction. Then I typed

shutdown now

No reaction too. Then I closed the remote console and went back to my
room. My computer was rebooting. So remote shutdown is working, but in a
bit strange (and slow) way.

This summer I've been shutdowning from a remote console a lot, and
everything worked fine, so I wonder what's different now.

Regards
Krzysztof Duleba