This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: bash: tab completion failure from (but not at) /
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 11:26:59 +0200
- Subject: Re: bash: tab completion failure from (but not at) /
- References: <200405110629.i4B6TlAX025137@mx3.redhat.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On May 11 07:25, firstname.lastname@example.org wrote:
> Just lately (all recent snapshots including 20040510) I'm noticing a failure
> with tab completion for pathnames beginning /. Thus, I would expect, and in
> the past have achieved
> ls /ho<TAB>
> ls /home/
> md5sum /us<TAB>loc<TAB>
> md5sum /usr/local/
> and so on.
> Now, all I am getting from ls /ho<TAB> or md5sum /us<TAB> is a system beep
> (i.e. "error!" or some kind of uncertainty or ambiguity affecting bash's
> For pathnames starting elsewhere, there's not a problem. E.g. from HOME I
> can press
> cd st<TAB>
> cd stash
Interesting. No problems with tcsh or zsh. Just bash misbehaves.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Co-Project Leader mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html