Re: cygwin/matlab/xp

At 06:19 AM 5/9/2004, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I know it's perhaps not the good list but I'm searching information on what could happen on a cygwin generated mexfile for matlab under xp.
>
>The facts :
>
>With the gnumex tool I created lots of cygwin dll (called mexfiles under matlab) and, under NT, I use them without any pbs. good stability and the like. When I tried the same thing under xp, the result is a sudden kill of matlab without any message, any core, stackdump or the like...
>
>have you already heard something like that ?

No, I don't recall such reports to this list, though you can certainly
search the email archives to verify whether my memory is serving you well
in this regard.

>Di you know what differences between xp and nt/2000 could be the reason of such a behaviour ?

Stating anything here would be pure speculation.  There are obviously some
differences among these platforms, though generally of little consequence
to Cygwin.  However, even on exactly the same hardware, there are sometimes
differences that can have an affect.  But the only way to track down your
problem, properly classify it, and fix it is to debug it.

Holliston, MA 01746