Cygwin 1.5.9-1 Error running Java program from bash shell.

Hello,

I am running Cygwin 1.5.9-1 on Windows XP with Java 1.4.2_04. Recently I
upgraded Cygwin (my previous version was 1.5.7-1). Now some of my Java
programs fail to execute when being executed from bash (2.05b.0(1)-release).
I have narrowed the Java code down to one method call. I have attached the
source to a small Java program (FailOnCygwin.java) to demonstrate the
problem. Also attached is the log file from the Java VM where a stack
trace can be found.

I didn't see any cygwin DLLs in the log to indicate that it might be a Cygwin
problem but I can run the program just fine from a normal Windows CMD shell.

I would like to keep current on Cygwin but need to be able to execute Java
programs as well.

Thanks