Re: Need to replicate TIOCGICOUNT and TIOCMIWAIT on cygwin

On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Jim Brain wrote:

> > cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd currently has little to no error checking.
> > I'll see if I can make a patch to fix that if I have time.
> > You could too if you are so inclined.
>
> Uh, I'll look at it.  I got confused trying to decipher the "expert" code
> in the base open call last night.

I don't think you need to have that deep an understanding to do the above
(add error checking to cygwin_attach_handle_to_fd), or to add the subject
ioctls (in fhandler_serial::ioctl).  You shouldn't need to stray far
outside those functions I would think.

> >> am so close...  It's rather a bummer there is a not a
> >> cygwin_get_win32_handle(int fd), as that is what I need.
> >
> > http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PTC
>
> I'm trying to be a good OSS member.  I'm downloading the source and
> looking for how to add this.  Still, I hope no one laughs at my feeble
> attempt at a patch.  Writing crappy code in user space is one thing,
> writing for CYGWIN is another.

Don't bother if you can't follow through with the assigment paper work.
Your patch will probably not be accepted without it.  Just trying to save
you some pain if you didn't understand that.

> For version, full install of 1.5.9-1 as of last night.

Ok, then the comment below is void as long as you continue to use that
version.  The NtCreateFile issue is also void unless you are working with
snapshots or CVS sources.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer