Where to get cygwin's gmake sources, and does it build without errors?

Hi all,

[hope this is an ok place to ask this question...]

I need to build the latest 3.81rc1 (beta1) version of gmake under cygwin.
However, the native gmake CVS distribution fails 6 make tests when I
build it under cygwin.  The maintainer of gmake claims that FSF does not
support make under cygwin, basically only because he has not seen the
modifications that the 'cygwin' community has made to gmake.

I have looked for the cygwin gmake sources for the cygwin distribution,
but cannot find them on the web.  (This is nominally for 3.80 which appears
to be the current version).

As mentioned, though 3.81rc1 does build under cygwin, I at least get 6 test
failures when I build it.  A couple questions:

1) Does 3.80 gmake build and test without errors?
2) Where can I get the 3.80 sources?  Have they been modified from the FSF
  native sources?
3) Should the CVS tip for the 3.81 release build and test without errors?

If the cygwin community has modified the native FSF, I would like to
volunteer to try to resolve any such modifications, incorporate them back
into the FSF sources, and build 3.81 without error.  If the cygwin community
has not modified the gmake sources, it would be great to get some pointers
as to how to successfully build gmake.

Thanks much in advance!
-sandy