RE: please help!

PCYMTNQREAIYR -- LNFTSH.  (I'm getting rather tired of typing in the whole
"Please configure your mailer to not quote raw e-mail addresses in your
replies" spiel -- perhaps I should add the above to the OLOCA).
More below.

On Wed, 31 Mar 2004, Dave Korn wrote:

> [...]

AFAIK, Florent is a male name in French, but you're absolutely right -- I
should have used something gender-neutral, like "the OP"... :-)

> said it worked on Debian.  Given that there's no cygdrive in Debian, the
> command has been retyped and modified at least once.  The question is if the

Unless the directory is a parameter...

> typo was introduced between running it on Debian and running it on Cygwin,
> or between running it on Cygwin and writing a post to the list about it.
> Which leads me to....
>
>   DAVEK'S TIP OF THE DAY:
>   -----------------------
>   Don't *ever* retype stuff when you're sending an email to the list.
> *Always* cut and paste it, so that both you and the list members can be sure
> that what it says in your email is exactly what it says on your computer!
> Accuracy is everything - what use is it to get help from someone to solve a
> different problem than the one you actually have?

This might not be such a bad idea...  Suppose we had a list of those tips
(a la Yahoo Mail) and displayed a new one on the Cygwin list page every
day?  They could be pretty obvious, too (like "See the Cygwin FAQ before
posting") -- you never know...  Assuming CGF doesn't veto this, care to
maintain the list? ;-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/