This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
184.108.40.206 posix conformance for strftime()
- From: Ghanshyam <gshyam at denver dot india dot mentorg dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: harsh_arora at mentorg dot com
- Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2004 20:13:39 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: 220.127.116.11 posix conformance for strftime()
I found some problem in strftime system call with respect to following
assertion defined in "IEEE std 2003.1 -1992 Test methods for measuring
conformance to POSIX-part1" document:
07(A) A call to strftime() sets the external variable tzname to point
to the standard time-zone designation and
tzname to point to the summer time-zone designation corresponding to
the current value of the TZ
********It doesnt set the values of tzname and tzname. The old
values are retained.
I have gone through the code and found that perhaps code is not written to
set the values of tzname and tzname according to TZ environment
variable. Isnt it?
with thanks and regards,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html