Re: [Fwd: Bug: Perl:IsWinNT undefined & RFE, only use "/" in reg values, not names..?]

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 11:27:29AM -0800, linda w wrote:
>What features does one get with a unix perl over a perl built where
>"WinNT" is defined as true or false?  Many (most?  all?) of the Win32
>calls are available in the Cygwin environment, why not compile the perl
>as a mixed breed perl that defines WinNT?
>
>What is lost by allowing Perl to make libwin32 calls.

What is lost is the delightful opportunity of having you bring this up,
gripe about it, and act as if it was a new topic on a monthly basis.

I doubt that there is anyone in the cygwin mailing list who would want
to lose the opportunity of seeing you rehash this subject over and over
and over again.

cgf