Re: Repeatable crash with CVS version of cygwin1 DLL

On Wed, Feb 18, 2004 at 11:03:21PM -0600, Cliff Geschke wrote:
>I have tried the latest update from CVS.  Still crashes, but stackptr
>does not go out-of-bounds.  At some point, _sigbe tries to ret with the
>top of stack ($esp) value set to 0.
>
>Some additional data points:
>
>1.  I moved the test .exe file to a Win2000 box running an old
>cygwin1.dll (file version 1005.5.0.0, product version 1.5.5-cr-0x9b).
>No crash.  The test seems to run fine.

Sorry.  The fact that this worked in 1.5.5 is uninteresting.

I did ask for it by commenting in another message that I would like to
know the regression points but that is more for someone who says, out of
the blue, "The snapshot is broken!" with no hint of when something
stopped working.

>2.  I moved the new 1.5.8 cygwin1.dll back to that Win2000 box.  Test
>crashes.

So, if you use the version that is known not to work, it crashes.  Um,
er...

>It is not feasible for me to put together a simple test program, unless
>you want load and build RTEMS so you can link to it.

Huh?  I don't understand.  Isn't RTEMS an OS?

Have you actually tried to build a test case using the stub from your