Re: Problem with serial port init

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004, Arik BenDov wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a strang proglem any help will be appriciated
>
> I have s program sending data VIA serial port between 2 machines. The program
> works fine when both are Linux.
> I use cygwin to port the program to windows (I run the program under Dos shell
> not Cygwin) and I have problem with the port setup part, the program cannot
> set the serial port parameters (speed, data bits etc).
>
> When I disable the port setup part and use mode to set the port parameters the
> program works fine.
>
> Does any one has code example (in C, C++) that does the work? I'm using
> termios tcsetattr.

WFM.

Please see:

for how to submit a more well formed report.  Please pay special
attention to the part that requests uncompressed cygcheck output as an
attachment.  Also, please give more details about the specific values
passed to tcsetattr and its return code.  Thanks.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer