Re: patch for additional args to setup.exe

On Thu, 5 Feb 2004, Edward S. Peschko wrote:

> hey all,
>
> below is a relatively small patch to setup.exe that adds the following
> command line options:
>
> -E:     use IE connection settings for downloading
> -H:     give a proxy name to use ...
> -P:     give a proxy port to use ...
> -a:             install everything
> -u:             uninstall everything
> -e:     re-install everything
>

> Hence:
>
> setup.exe -R C:\cygwin -a -E -n -s ftp://planetmirror.com -q
>
> installs all of cygwin (ie: every cygwin package) into C:\cygwin, using
> IE5 settings from site planetmirror.com, and doesn't put any shortcuts on the
> desktop, and does it in unattended mode (-q).
>
> Anyways, like I said its somewhat small but might be large enough to warrant
> going to cygwin-patches instead, but I don't relish the idea of subscribing
> to cygwin-patches just for the sake of sending patches. I'm also hoping that
> its small and obvious enough that I don't have to go through the rigamarole
> of the standard assignment form and copyright handover.
>
> Ed

Ed,

FYI, traditionally, setup.exe patches go to cygwin-apps.  I know that
Robert Collins reads this list, so this one may be ok.  However, it's
easier to keep track of patches if they're all in one place, so, for the
future, could you please post to cygwin-apps?

Oh, and thanks for the patch -- it seems like useful functionality.  Just
for completeness, the functionality of -E, -H, and -P could have been
accomplished by editing /etc/setup/last-connection, but the command-line
option is much more concise.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/