RE: Plausibility of sendmail?

Hi.

Essentially, I would probaly never utilize Cygwin as a production
system.  Actually, truth be told, I would never personally use Windows
as a prodcution system.  The thought just scares me.  But I don't want
to go there...

However, I do use Windows as a development system, where I test
client-server scripts/programs using a lot of Open Source, some on
cygwin, some outside of cygwin.  I would want to test a REAL sendmail
program for these development scenarios.

Lastly, my professor REQUIRED us to use sendmail for our Perl
CGI/DBI/mail projects.  There was no choice in the matter.  The code
would be deployed on the college system, which is a Linux system.  My
development machine is a small tiny VIAO laptop running Windows XP.  I
would prefer to develop the whole application on my system, at a
relaxing coffee shop, and sendmail will allow me to do that.  Otherwise,
I am forced to use the horribly maintained lab system.

 - Joaquin