Re: Is it possible to move emacs from one computer to another?

Larry Hall wrote:
OK. I'd suggest building a debug version and just try running it in gdb
until you see the problem. This should be pretty easy to do for crash
anyway. I'd recommend starting with this.

I'm not particularly experienced at building large packages so I have a few questions:

1) Do I just get the source from http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/emacs/?

2) Are there special cygwin build procedures? When I typed 'configure' (a script that came with emacs), it simply said:
cplager@pointyjr> configure
checking host system type... i686-pc-cygwin
configure: error: Emacs hasn't been ported to `i686-pc-cygwin' systems.
Check `etc/MACHINES' for recognized configuration names.

3) When past hurdle #2, how do I force a debug build? (simply
'make DEBUG=yes'?)?

	Thanks for your help,
	  Charles