Re: terminal size problems

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 Harold at Levy dot synopsys dot com wrote:

> Hi, when my cygwin terminals are sized to something other than 24 rows
> they don't work correctly with apps like vim/mutt/less when I connect to
> a remote unix system; these apps behave like they think the terminal
> has 24 rows.  It doesn't matter whether I use the bash shell or an
> xterm, whether I set TERMINFO on the remote machine, whether I do
> terminal reset/resize, or whether the remote machine is Linux/SunOS.
> I'm using the latest cygwin updates as of today.

This means nothing.  Depending on what mirror you used and a host of other
variables, anything is possible.  That is why we specifically ask for
cygcheck output to be attached here:

> I don't have this problem when I use a terminal emulator like SecureCRT.
>
> Thank you very much for any help,

WAG: You don't have this change:

2004-01-21  Christopher Faylor  <cgf@redhat.com>

        * fhandler_tty.cc (fhandler_tty::ioctl): Semi-revert 2003-09-26 change
        for TIOCSWINSZ.  It is not an error for ioctl_request_event to be
        missing.

Which was prompted by this, IIRC:

But, I can not determine if that is in 1.5.7.  Could you try the
latest snapshot?  Thanks.

--
Brian Ford
Senior Realtime Software Engineer