Re: G++ for CygWin

ok ok, I simplified the explanation a bit, remember it was in brackets at
the bottom of a mail describing the solution to the questioner's problem. (I
have no idea how technical the questioner is, and he'd have to be pretty
technical to understand your explanation ;-) )

I don't know whether it was just cygwin that separated the packages or
whether that's how gcc is recommended to be distributed now, but they *are*
separate packages now. (in the cygwin world that I'm a part of, and the
questioner is a part of)  And I'm not saying they are independent of one
another, obviously g++ depends on the core gcc package.

Regards

Q-Games, Dylan Cuthbert.
http://www.q-games.com

"Dave Korn" <dk at artimi dot com> wrote in message
NUTMEGCNCUgpCfZdEla00000031@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM">news:NUTMEGCNCUgpCfZdEla00000031@NUTMEG.CAM.ARTIMI.COM...

> [...]
--- explanation snipped ---