This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: SCP doesn't complete transfers of large files
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Olaf Föllinger <Olaf dot Foellinger at sesa dot de>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2004 08:42:41 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: SCP doesn't complete transfers of large files
- References: <40164D3D.email@example.com> <20040127122719.GH2120@bln.sesa.de>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, 27 Jan 2004, Olaf Föllinger wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 12:36:29PM +0100, Dirk Sondermann wrote:
> > I have also noticed this problem when copying files ~1GB from
> > a remote host to the local host.
> > Strangely, if x is a big file and x0 has just a few bytes,
> > scp remote:x . may hang while scp remote:x* . succeeds.
> Same observation here. Just to make clear that it's not a singular
> Gruss Olaf Follinger
Can anyone in this thread who can actually reproduce this problem attach
to the hung scp process with gdb/strace and see where it hangs (and what
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html