This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
No on-screen response to keypress until press spacebar
- From: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>, <cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 07:35:28 -0000
- Subject: No on-screen response to keypress until press spacebar
- Reply-to: <fergus at bonhard dot uklinux dot net>
Currently experiencing a weird problem in Cygwin on W2000:
In a rxvt window, both " and ' behave in the same way: pressing either key
results in nothing on the screen, but pressing either key followed by
<space> results in the expected ' or " appearing, without the space.
Exploring the symptom within an application and using readkey(), it turns
out that ' and " initially return the correct codes 39 and 34 but under
circumstances not understood and therefore not describable these change
to -88 and -76, leading to syntax errors.
There are other strange behaviours, all similar and apparently related to
the above. I know I have seen this or similar symptoms recently described,
but cannot find it. Possibly in a X context, so I'm copying this to the
cygwin-xfree list too. Can anybody please point me to the thread (and, with
any luck, explanation and solution)?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html