RE: SSH key authentification problem

Marc,

To summarise : probably you can log in from Cygwin to
the Linux box using your username and password. This
is the first step.

When you have logged in onto your Linux account, you
are most probably in your home directory. There, you
should enter the command 'ls -al' and look for the .ssh
directory. This directory should have your ownership
and rights 700.

All contents of the directory .ssh should have rights 600.

Saturday morning, I also logged in with one of the students
using 'ssh -v', 'ssh -vv' and even 'ssh -vvv'. You will not get
any more output than what you have already sent to the list.

It will just say which authentication types it tries, but it will not
give any information about why they fail.

If this still fails then it is probably an issue with the
/etc/ssh/sshd_config file on the Linux side, and then you
need administrator assistance, but I seriously doubt that
the most secure authentication mechanisms have been
disabled in favour of password based authorisation.

Regards,

Jurgen

"Marc Poppleton" <marc.poppleton@teamlog.com>
Sent by: