Re: YA snapshot available [Re: new snapshot with some tty/WinMe fixes]

On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 12:16:29AM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>As always, in the absence of any debugging detail, I can only fix what I
>can duplicate myself.

After sending my rant, I thought about the fact that you might be routinely
using CYGWIN=tty.  I tried running a make with that and managed to get some
strange behavior.  So, I can duplicate this.

It was, of course, my old friend vfork.  I am seriously considering just
ripping out vfork support.  I have to do a benchmark to see if there is
actually any speed savings for this since I'm adding so many kludges and
workarounds to support it that I'm wondering if it is actually slower
than normal fork.

cgf