This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Compiling .sys files
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Theo Verelst <theover at tiscali dot nl>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:24:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: Compiling .sys files
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 12:37 PM 1/14/2004, Theo Verelst you wrote:
>Though I realize it is not exactly the purpose of cygwin to make windows things work, but rather have the power of unix available under windows, too, I was wondering if it is reasonably possible to generate .sys files which are understood by for isntance XP, so that a driver can be compiled with cygwin.
Yes. See <http://www.cygwin.com/packages/ioperm/ioperm-0.4-1>. This
package contains a Windows driver built with and for Cygwin.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html