This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: installing Gtk-Perl on cygwin (very long, but it actually works now;)
- From: muppet <scott at asofyet dot org>
- To: "Gerrit @ cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: "dominix" <dominix at despammed dot com>, gtk-perl-list at gnome dot org
- Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:31:54 -0500
- Subject: Re: installing Gtk-Perl on cygwin (very long, but it actually works now;)
please note that gtk-perl is obsolete and barely maintained.
gtk2-perl, on the other hand, is under active development, has native
win32 support, and is reported to work with cygwin.
if you are planning to write new code, please do not use gtk-perl, use
if you are trying to use an old gtk-perl app, it may be easier to port
the app to gtk2-perl than to get gtk-perl working reliably on win32.
for apps that depend too heavily on Gtk::CList, Gtk::CTree, or
Gtk::Text to port easily, i wrote Gtk2::Deprecated some time back, but
i make no claim that it works well and have not attempted to compile it
native win32 binaries for gtk2-perl
the gtk2-perl homepage
screenshots of gtk2-perl in action on win2k
Gtk2::Deprecated provides support for deprecated widgets not included
in gtk2-perl, to ease the porting process. 0.02 is a new version which
works with ExtUtils::PkgConfig instead of Glib::PkgConfig. not tested
on win32, not recommended for production use.
"it's hard to be eventful when you have this much style."
- me, rationalizing yet another night of sitting at home.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html