This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.5.6-pre: Occasional bad memory accesses within cygwin1.dll
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-no-personal-reply-please at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:38:08 -0500
- Subject: Re: 1.5.6-pre: Occasional bad memory accesses within cygwin1.dll
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Dec 31, 2003 at 10:02:44AM -0500, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>>Oh. This is probably with current CVS, which is broken. Known problem.
>>>It's why I haven't generated a snapshot yet.
>>This should be fixed now. I'm uploading a snapshot.
>CYGWIN_ME-4.90 hpn5170x 1.5.6s(0.108/3/2) 20031231 01:31:40 i686 unknown
>Now virtually every cygwin program (/bin/true, ls, uname,...) almost
>always ends with the popup about causing an error in Cygwin1.dll.
Did you look at the changes I made? It's difficult to believe that minor
changes to cygwin.din would cause a popup on every access, although I can
believe that the stuff in CVS previously would work that way. If anything,
I'd expect that there would be no change rather than actual worsening.
Are you sure you're up to date?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html