This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problem comport, iocl and FIONREAD
- From: Brian Dessent <brian at dessent dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 16:32:56 -0800
- Subject: Re: problem comport, iocl and FIONREAD
- Organization: My own little world...
- References: <BAY9-F13Qv8rcyNe3Eb00008b23@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
Arash Partow wrote:
> Hi all,
> I'm seeing a problem with ioctl and FIONREAD, I use the
> following code to check if there are any bytes in the
> input buffer of a comport.
Check the return value of ioctl(), I bet it's returning error and
setting EINVAL. I think you want TIOCINQ instead. At least,
fhandler_serial.cc recognises such an ioctl, but not FIONREAD.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html