This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Question about ash and getopts
- From: seebs at plethora dot net (Peter Seebach)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 23:12:05 -0600
- Subject: Question about ash and getopts
- Reply-to: seebs at plethora dot net (Peter Seebach)
I know this is a pseudo-FAQ, but I haven't been able to find a clear enough
answer in the archives.
1. Is it not the case that POSIX provides a specification for the getopts
2. Doesn't ash, as originally written, implement getopts?
I'm trying to figure out why this feature was removed, and I've never gotten
an answer that made much sense. Every other POSIX-like system I can think
of supports getopts in /bin/sh. Why is Cygwin different?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html