Re: Different behaviour of "test -f" under cmd and bash, when called from compiled App

Hi Brian,

Thans for the hint. I have not tested it out, but it suggested me a way to handle the problem, and
was quite helpful. In fact the whole issue was because I wanted to get a Java application that relies
on Cygwin compiled code, symbolic links and shell scripts, to work [number 1)- you  stripped off ...].
That is Java provides the graphical interface but i/o is dealt with by Unix code.

In fact I discovered the commands test -f issued from a program compiled for Cygwin, while not working
under cmd.exe, caused no problem when the program was invoked from Java, so made no changes in
the code. What caused problems were the scripts and symbolic links: so if the scripts are compiled using
sch-3.2-tgz (from Rosales) into *.exe files and the symbolic links replaced by *.exe files things work.

There is a more complex construct in the code -  a program that dynamically pipes to and runs a script
(which I compiled), which I on't now if it works. But for the stand alones it works fine.

Regards,

Luis