Re: can't install or upgrade from local anymore (setup v. 2.416)

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Urs Rau wrote:
> > I have been using setup.exe for months (years?) to "download from
> > internet" the files to a "local" network location and have always been
> > able to then "install from local directory" to other workstations
> > installing from local "root directory".
> > But recently it has stopped functioning. I can successfully download
> > from the internet but when I later try to "install from local directory"
> >   the installer goes and checks the md5 sums fo the local archives but
> > then at the end of that process the "next" button remains greyed out.
> >
> > I have tried a few things, like deleting it all and starting from
> > scratch. but to no avail the result was the same.
> > Any ideas? I am running version 2.416 fo setup.exe BUT I am not sure if
> > I have ever run it successfully with version 2.416 or only with earlier
> > ones. Is this a common problem and is there any solution to this?
>
> It's not a common problem - I can't reproduce it, and we have only had one
> other report of this problem. Unfortunately, we know neither the cause, nor
> any solutions.
>
> Max.

Urs,

It would be great if you were willing to debug the problem, but in any
case, I can offer a workaround: try giving a "--no-md5" (or "-5")
command-line option to setup.exe -- that should turn off MD5 sum checking
for the packages.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/