This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rsync from cygwin still a problem.
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: Gene Livshits <livshits at cloud9 dot net>, "" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 14:49:56 -0500
- Subject: Re: rsync from cygwin still a problem.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 02:28 PM 11/26/2003, Gene Livshits you wrote:
>Could someone help me with the following problem?
>I have installed the latest cygwin distribution as of 11/25/2003 which
>currently has rsync 2.5.6. When I do rsync -v -e /bin/ssh /tmp/x
>otherhost:/tmp I get:
>Failed to dup/close : Socket operation on non-socket
>rsync error: error in IPC code (code 14) at /tmp/rsync-2.5.5/util.c(148)
>rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer
>rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at /tmp/rsync-
>Also I have '/bin/ssh otherhost' working fine with no need to enter the
>password. I cannot figure out why rsync is not working.
>Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
You forgot to review <http://cygwin.com/problems.html> before posting.
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html