This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Solution for:"Cygwin NFS server problems - cannot mount from client(HPUX 11)"
- From: "Andrey KISHKEVITCH (akh)" <a-kishkevitch at mdtvision dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:58:32 +0200
- Subject: Solution for:"Cygwin NFS server problems - cannot mount from client(HPUX 11)"
Hello Robb, Sam.
I've found the solution for the problem described in "Cygwin NFS server
problems - cannot mount from client (HPUX 11)".
I had the same problem . I could mount from any UNIX (Solaris, HP-UX,
Irix). The solution is :
1.Replace in /etc/passwd the line: "SYSTEM:*:18:544:,S-1-5-18::" with
"SYSTEM:*:0:544:,S-1-5-18::" . That means SYSTEM == root. Because there
is not exist a user with uid 0 in CYGWIN by default (and after
seteuid(ROOT_UID), were ROOT_UID==0 readdir and stat return something
2. Before build the NFS server set the variabvle CFLAGS to
Everything will be OK I hope.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html