This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Installation from locally stored packages
- From: Colin Cotter <colin dot cotter at imperial dot ac dot uk>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 13:55:52 +0000
- Subject: Installation from locally stored packages
Hello cygwin experts,
I'm probably asking too much, and so this email is probably
infuriating - so sorry in advance. I would very much like to the following:
(1) I have two computers, a networked desktop running Linux and an
un-networked laptop running Windows.
(2) I would like to install Cygwin on my laptop, ideally by downloading
files onto my Linux machine and writing them to a CD which could then be
transferred to the laptop. I know this is tedious but that's just the
way things are for me.
Is this possible in any way?
Any useful comments would be much appreciated - sorry if this question
has been asked before but I searched long and hard in the archive before
posting. A reference to a useful thread in the archive would be fine if
this is the case.
Thanks to all in advance and best wishes,
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html