This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
newby stupid question - cat mutiple files to new piped output files
- From: "c" <camacazi at dodo dot com dot au>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:55:34 -0500
- Subject: newby stupid question - cat mutiple files to new piped output files
- Reply-to: <camacazi at dodo dot com dot au>
Just started to get somewhere until i wanted to cat a heap of csv files and
then send the unique records to a new file.
I thought it couldnt be to hard but now my brain hurts.
Can anyone help me with a line of code that will do the command below
'$ cat d:/pc1/filename.csv |uniq > d:/pc1/newfilename.csv'
but i want it do it repeatidly for every .csv file in that directory?
Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free.
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com).
Version: 6.0.543 / Virus Database: 337 - Release Date: 11/21/2003
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html