This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: perl localtime returns gmttime
- From: Christian Weinberger <christian dot weinberger at directbox dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 14:14:56 +0000 (UTC)
- Subject: Re: perl localtime returns gmttime
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Kirill Yarosh <email@example.com> wrote in firstname.lastname@example.org:">news:email@example.com:
> I have update perl to 5.8.2 .
> After that i did find symptomatic insane behaviour of "local" function.
> Now it returns GMT time.
Same problem with me. Only way to solve this was to go back to 5.6.
Based on the other postings I believe it is a Cygwin specific issue.
perl -e 'use POSIX; print strftime("%H:%M:%S", localtime) . "\n";'
This always returns GMT time with 5.8, but returns local time with 5.6.
Please keep 5.6 available as long as this has not been fixed.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html