This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Crontab does not work, Windows 2000
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Tim Ashman <wolfgang_mx3 at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 13:00:32 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: Crontab does not work, Windows 2000
- References: <BAY2-F118S0g9S83w4b0001b973@hotmail.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Thu, 20 Nov 2003, Tim Ashman wrote:
Crontab will not run on my Cygwin platform.
I am using Cygwin 1.5.5 under Windows 2000 5.00.2195 Service Pack 4.
I want to schedule some bash scripts using crontab. Each script runs
perfectly fine on its own. I created the following crontab from the bash
shell, located at /bin/bash:
# DO NOT EDIT THIS FILE - edit the master and reinstall.
# (/tmp/crontab.1904 installed on Wed Nov 19 12:32:06 2003)
# (Cron version -- $Id: crontab.c,v 1.7 2003/04/15 15:13:41 corinna Exp $)
33 12 * * * /usr/bin/bsh_ubcfxscript.txt
When the time scheduled arrives, nothing happens. No error messages occur
and the script does not execute.
cygcheck.out is attached
Did you check the Windows Event log?
|\ _,,,---,,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ email@example.com
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html