RE: Problem with noninteractive bash initialization

Hi Wirawan,

the section "Invoked non-interactively" of "http://www.gnu.org/manual/bash-2.05a/html_mono/bashref.html#SEC62"; describes the differences to the other forms of invoking bash. There is no reference to the .bashrc startup script. That states only that there is no other invoking of startupscripts than in the sections above.

~/.bashrc IS executed and that IS the prescribed behavior and is has been ever since. You can avoid this by calling "bash --norc scriptfile" or "bash --rcfile rcfile scriptfile".

But I think too, it would have been more accurate to mention the invoking of ~/.bashrc explicitly.

  matthias