This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Problems with Make, VPATH and MS-DOS paths
- From: Nate Bohlmann <nbohlmann at cso dot atmel dot com>
- To: Shankar Unni <shankar at cotagesoft dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 09:07:45 -0700
- Subject: Re: Problems with Make, VPATH and MS-DOS paths
- Organization: Atmel Corporation
Thanks everyone for your help. Turns out that the backquoting specified here
won't work to a shell incompatibility (I don't care to fix this now). However,
$(shell ... ) does work so thanks.
11/18/03 11:35:07 AM, Shankar Unni <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>Nate Bohlmann wrote:
>> How exactly does a command line tool help with VPATH'ing inside of Make?
>You use cygpath to generate names to pass to your broken compiler. (Yes,
>broken - Win32, and most tools running on it like VC++, are perfectly
>happy with "/" as path separators).
>I.e. instead of just doing
> $(BROKENCOMPILER) -c $? -o $*.o # or whatever
> $(BROKENCOMPILER) -c `cygpath -w $?` -o `cygpath -w $*`.o
>(Those are back-quotes, by the way).
>Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
>Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html