This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: nfs-server 2.2.47-2
- From: Larry Hall <cygwin-lh at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Robb, Sam" <sam dot robb at timesys dot com>, "Nerijus Baliunas" <nerijus at users dot sourceforge dot net>
- Cc: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 17:40:16 -0500
- Subject: RE: nfs-server 2.2.47-2
- References: <3D848382FB72E249812901444C6BDB1D022F465A@exchange.timesys.com>
- Reply-to: Cygwin List <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
At 05:25 PM 11/18/2003, Robb, Sam you wrote:
>> Latest cygwin, w2k, FAT, /etc/exports:
>Using nfs-server with a FAT filesystem is questionable.
>We've tried, and not been able to get it nfsd running
>properly except on an NTFS filesystem with ntsec enabled.
>You might want to try enabling the ntea option (CYGWIN=ntea),
>but I suggest you read the Cygwin user guide about this
>option before deciding if you want to experiment using it.
And 'ntea' is only an option for FAT drives (or technically, NTFS but
that's not really interesting since the inception of 'ntsec'). If your
FAT drive is really FAT32, there's no option for you currently. PTC. :-)
Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com
RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office
838 Washington Street (508) 893-9889 - FAX
Holliston, MA 01746
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html