This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Perl CPAN module help
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: "Gary Nielson" <gary at garynielson dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:25:01 +0100
- Subject: Re: Perl CPAN module help
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <OPEKJLGNDDPKCJBJLEGLEEHCGHAA.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
Wednesday, November 12, 2003, 7:57:42 PM, you wrote:
> I tried installing several perl modules today, but make test failed on
> several in the LWP package and for HTML::Parser etc. Couldn't find modules
> I'd already installed in the INC path. With HTML::Parser it couldn't run gcc
> because it was not found. How do you use CPAN under cygwin? Is there a web
> page that outlines how to configure CPAN for cygwin, is that what is needed?
> Are others having problems and how did you fix them. I successfully install
> some and have force installed others and notice that if you do a perldoc
> perllocal you only get the first three modules listed, whereas if you do a
> more on the perllocal file, you see a lot more listed. What's up with that,
> can anyonw explain?
Just start the `cpan` script:
It asks some questions to configure itself when it runs the first time.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html