This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cc1plus.exe not included in GCC 3.3.1-3?
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: Robert Collins <rbcollins at cygwin dot com>
- Cc: Brian P Kasper <Brian dot P dot Kasper at aero dot org>, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 16:26:16 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: cc1plus.exe not included in GCC 3.3.1-3?
- References: <1068761532.1109.60.camel@localhost>
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Robert Collins wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 08:21, Brian Ford wrote:
> > However, if you already had the old monolithic gcc package when updating
> > to the new separate front end packages, then it is a setup/gcc dependency
> > bug and you should have gotten gcc-g++.
> What did you put in the setup.hint that makes you think setup would do
> version specific dependencies for the *old version* ?
I didn't create the hint, the gcc maintainer did. I was just describing
how it should work for minmal user confusion.
> Setup will do per-version dependencies, but it does so *for the target
I didn't think version specific dependencies would be needed here. I'm
obviously not well versed in setup, but I thought that replacing the old
monolithic gcc package with an empty one and ajdusting that empty one's
dependencies to require the new equivalent packages would have done the
trick. I guess I was wrong here?
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html