This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cc1plus.exe not included in GCC 3.3.1-3?
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: Brian P Kasper <Brian dot P dot Kasper at aero dot org>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 15:21:43 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: cc1plus.exe not included in GCC 3.3.1-3?
- References: <OF601B37B9.27B35145-ON88256DDD.0072D18D@notes.aero.org>
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Brian P Kasper wrote:
> Thanks, Brian. Your suggestion to look for gcc-g++ pointed me at the answer.
> I didn't realize that the backends for GCC don't show up in the
> "partial" view of Cygwin Setup, only the "Not Installed" view.
Well, the "partial" view tells you what would be updated/installed based
on your selections. The "default" selection means to only update what you
already have. Since you didn't already have gcc-g++, it obviously
wouldn't show up there.
However, if you already had the old monolithic gcc package when updating
to the new separate front end packages, then it is a setup/gcc dependency
bug and you should have gotten gcc-g++.
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html