This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Empty /usr/local/bin in Release 1.5.5-1
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: Shyamal Mitra <mitra at cs dot utexas dot edu>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 13:29:30 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: Empty /usr/local/bin in Release 1.5.5-1
- References: <Pine.GSO.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Shyamal Mitra wrote:
> I just installed Cygwin 1.5.5-1 on my Windows XP machine. I
> cannot find vi or gcc.
> There is nothing in /usr/local/bin.
/usr/local/bin is normally empty after an install. It is for locally (ie.
you) installed software, not software that shipped with the distro.
> Is there something that I should have done during setup that I did not
> How do I change to C or T shell?
Edit /etc/passwd and change the shell field just like on *NIX.
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html