This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu>
- To: Lorenzo Travaglio <lorenzo dot travaglio at fastwebnet dot it>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:58:35 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: Re: chmod
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
This doesn't seem to be XFree-related, so the proper list is <cygwin at
cygwin dot com>. I've redirected this there.
More replies inline below.
On Wed, 12 Nov 2003, Lorenzo Travaglio wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've sent to myself from my office a little bash program. With Xterm it is
> impossible to change the peremissions even if 'chmod -v' says that new
> permissions have take place. I have no idea about, do you have one?
> Thank you
The FAQ is your friend: <http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.html#SEC45>
However, that entry is missing one important bit: if you're on a FAT32
filesystem, you're out of luck as well.
|\ _,,,---,,_ email@example.com
ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ firstname.lastname@example.org
|,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D.
'---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!
"I have since come to realize that being between your mentor and his route
to the bathroom is a major career booster." -- Patrick Naughton
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html